Sunday, June 1, 2014

Banana Blueberry Oatmeal Bites

I’m always looking for something quick, easy, and healthy for breakfast for my baby girl.  Fruit, yogurt, and toast are standbys but I was wanting something a bit more inventive.  Enter oatmeal bites!
Ingredients:
  • One banana (for the binding agent)
  • 10 blueberries (for flavor, you can do pretty much whatever you want to flavor it)
  • 1/2 cup dry Oatmeal (I used instant)
  • Splash of breastmilk (activates the oats; could do water, too)
IMG_1065
Mash the banana with a hand masher or fork. 
Squish the blueberries (between your fingers is fine!).  Mix well.
IMG_1068
Add about a half cup of dry oatmeal and a splash of milk. 
You can play with the amounts of these two ingredients to get the consistency you want.
IMG_1075
Roll mixture into ball, then flatten. I put them on parchment paper on a cookie sheet. 
Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
IMG_1078
Consistency should be firm but chewy.
IMG_1085
Serve!  My daughter loved that she could easily pick these up and eat them.  She ate every last bite!
IMG_1098
IMG_1103

No comments:

Post a Comment