Friday, June 4, 2010

Rhubarb Pie


Ingredients:

  • 1 unbaked pie crust
  • Pie filling:
    • 1 1/2 cup rhubarb, cut fine
    • 1 cup sugar
    • 2 Tbsp flour
    • Dash of salt
  • Pie topping:
    • 1 egg, beaten
    • 1/2 brown sugar
    • 2 Tbsp flour
    • 2 Tbsp butter

Chop the rhubarb into fine pieces

IMG_1158a IMG_1161a

Combine rhubarb, sugar, flour, & salt and pour into pie shell

IMG_1162

Combine egg, brown sugar, flour, & butter and pour on top pie filling.

 IMG_1165

Bake in oven at 425 degrees for 15 minutes.  After the 15 minutes, bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

 IMG_1169

I recommend enjoying the pie a la mode!

 IMG_1181 IMG_1183

Review:  I’ve never had rhubarb pie nor did I even know what rhubarb was prior to this week.  After I saw the raw rhubarb, I had no idea how that celery looking vegetable could be made into a pie filling.  However, after trying my warm rhubarb pie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, I was sold.  I’m not much of a pie person, but this pie is just plain good!

For more rhubarb pie recipes, see http://www.rhubarbinfo.com/recipe-pie.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment